ANNETTE! WHAT IS PROTEIN AND FAT?!
So I don't really get that question, most of you do in fact know what protein and fat is, but have trouble with quality or variety.
Yesterday I did a post on THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY aka BREAKFAST. It might have been the most important thing you have ever read (life changing, tear inducing), but I did get some questions. Questions like, but what do I eat? What else besides eggs? What is portable? What is fast?
I am here for you.
Let's look at some OPTIONS:
- Eat leftovers. Did you have meat and veg last night? Make it a morning snack! Nom nom. Okay, I know some of you HATE night food for breakfast times (and personally I will never understand this), but if this is you read on.
- The classic, EGGS. Hard boiled, soft boiled, over easy, omelet style, egg muffins, egg cups, DUCK eggs, fried eggs... whoa. Hello versatile food! Eggs are great, especially eggs from happy chickens/ducks. They are packed with choline which is an awesome nutrient for your body and why you gotta eat the yolk - that is where the NUTRIENTS lie!
- BACON!! Make sure it is high quality bacon and mayyyybe not the best everyday item, but it SURE is on the roster. Get it.
- This turkeyloaf thing. I love this one, I make it a bit smaller and use my own spices, but putting this together on a Sunday will last you a number of days.
- Steak (and eggs or kale). Is this considered a nighttime food? I love me some steak for breakfast, you'll be amazed at how long you have energy and are sated.
- Sausage! Again, high quality meat, but yeah sausage is an excellent choice.
- Moar turkey! This actually looks amazing -
Remember to chew your food, friends, this is where digestion magic begins!
Oh... and add butter or ghee or coconut oil for flavor and a fat boost. Make sure it is high quality -especially the butter, you need to have butter from happy cows to get the benefit. "Happy" means grassfed and finished cows.